Many industries today need their material handling equipment to move their products faster, safer, and without damage. They may also require the load to be accurately weighed or measured as part of their industrial and commercial processes. Combining material handling equipment with a high-performance scale system can provide an effective, highly reliable solutions for weighing and monitoring loads.
Load Cells Can Be Incorporated into Material Handling Lifts to Create a Weighing System.
Load cells can be installed under the scissor lift platform, VRC carriage or drive chains to create an industrial scale to monitor the load capacity during the material handling process.
When looking at adding load cells to fit your lift equipment, there are a few questions to answer and ones that a material handling equipment provider like Autoquip will want to know about your application.
- What is the capacity of the lift (how much weight will be on the load cells)?
- What conditions would you like to monitor (overload, eccentric loading, etc.)?
- What kind of feedback are you looking for? Do you need to know the actual weight or are you only looking for some sort of indication that you are above/below a certain weight?
- What level of accuracy are you looking for (+/- 1%, 5%, 10%, etc. of the capacity)?
Many material handling applications stand to benefit from using load cells for an effective way to measure force and weight:
- Pallet Loading –determine the precise weight of loaded pallets critical for inventory management.
- Aerospace –aircraft weighing system to assist with a safe and even weight distribution of the airplane.
- Oil & Gas – weighing accumulated stacks of drill pipe to gradually stack the pipe for treatment preparation.
- Logistic and Distribution Centers – loading/unloading freight and weight checks.
- Batch Processing – product feeding and conveying for weighing & batching applications.
Benefits of Lift Equipment with Scales:
- High accuracy.
- Configurable and programmable for customer specific applications.
- Ensure healthy and safe operation while maximizing efficiency.
- Help measure overload potential which will help prevent abuse of the lift or breakdowns.
- Adding a scale to a scissor lift or VRC saves on floor space by combing two processes in one.
If you are interested in learning more about options for load cells with your lift equipment purchase, we invite you to contact us today.