With 70+ years of experience under our belts, we take pride in setting the standard within the aerospace industry. As such, we provide lifting solutions designed to help tackle specific manufacturing, repair, maintenance, and assembly needs. Our custom design options can be integrated into aerospace equipment to tackle the unique and challenging process of maintaining an aircraft.
Custom Lift Case Studies
We work in tandem with our clients to ensure they have the custom lift solutions that they need, no matter the application. Here are a few examples of our dedication to the aerospace industry.
Working with our dealer, Binghamton Material Handling, Inc, we designed a custom 4 Post Mechanical VRC for a client with specific needs regarding lift height. The devices needed to be raised 18” from the main floor to avoid high water for safety concerns. We met the following specifications:
- Up to 8,000 pounds of lifting capacity
- 4 Post Mechanical FreightLift Model FM4-120 for their client with specific needs
- Mountable pushbutton controls help avoid floor drains and potential high water
- Expanded metal bi-parting swing gate with solenoid interlocks at both levels
Mobile Work Stands
Your employees’ safety should be your top concern. One of our clients asked us to design a material handling solution that would help them meet high-volume production demands, while also focusing on worker safety. We developed a mobile work stand with a power-operated retractable circular section to move and position the engines for assembly work.
Middle River Aerostructure Systems
Middle River Aerostructure Systems required a custom Upender Tilter to assist in developing commercial and military aircraft. We helped them achieve their goals by designing an Upender Tilter that met the following specifications:
- 90-degree tilter
- Up to 5,000 pounds of lifting capacity
- Adjustable landing feet
- Strobe lights for operational safety
Middle River Aerostructure Systems was so satisfied with the result that they are now looking to purchase a second one to deal with product demands.
How Our Lifting & Handling Solutions Help
Our experienced team works hard to provide the aerospace industry with the solutions needed to tackle complex problems. We’re able to achieve this due to our knowledge of the aerospace industry and our many years of lifting experience. In fact, here are a few ways our lifts can help out:
- Jet Engine Test Cell Lifts: Designed to raise large wheeled carts carrying jet engines to the fixtures near the top of the test cell.
- High Travel Work Platform Lifts: Provide personnel variable vertical and lateral access to all wing surfaces and their tools when needed for maintenance and inspection.
- Jet Engine Assembly Lifts: Allow you to safely place a jet engine standing on end, lowering it into a recessed pit while personnel stand and work from floor level.
- Lightweight Personnel Work Platforms: reduce the overall weight for ease of manual positioning by personnel. This also helps the cantilevered work platforms used to access fuselage sections during assembly.
Solutions for The Aerospace Industry
When you are in need of custom Aerospace lift solutions, our team at Autoquip is here to help. We offer a wide-range of custom lift solutions to help improve productivity, worker-safety, and your bottom line. Contact us today to find out what it is we can do for you and your specific lift needs.