The production and processing of food, beverages, and pharmaceuticals are highly regulated and complex. Because consumer safety is the primary concern, avoiding product contamination is critical. Autoquip has extensive experience creating material handling solutions specifically designed to support the food and pharmaceutical industry.
Clean Rooms Require Clean Equipment
Manufacturing and handling food and drug products is a sensitive process that requires the strict use of “clean room” applications. Clean rooms are designed to provide a controlled, contaminant-free environment where food, beverages, and drugs can be manufactured, stored, and handled safely.
Every aspect of the workspace, from temperature and humidity levels to filtration systems and equipment, is carefully designed to generate the least amount of air contamination. Introducing airborne particles, dust, or other pollutants can quickly compromise product safety and quality, making them potentially dangerous for consumption.
Autoquip partners with our clients to ensure that our lifts meet the rigorous requirements dictated by the industry. Our high-durability stainless steel lifts are ideal for food and pharma processing applications. The industry standard, stainless steel resists corrosion, is antibacterial and can handle frequent and intense cleaning.
Innovative Custom Lifts
A custom lift is your best option when you’re dealing with food and pharma. Fortunately, Autoquip can create the perfect solution for your facility based on your specifications. We’ve gained decades of experience by partnering with various clients. Here are a few ways Autoquip is bringing innovation to this vital industry.
- Contaminant-Free Lifting: Preventing clean room contamination also includes installing lift equipment that doesn’t utilize fluids that could leak or spill. Autoquip offers multiple options that handle heavy loads while creating more ergonomic workspaces for your employees.
- Air Bag Lift Tables: This fluid-free option is great for clean rooms. Industrial airbag actuators do the heavy lifting and can handle various loads and workstation tasks. Our airbag lifts are available in versatile scissor lifts, lift and tilt, and turntable designs.
- Scissor Lift Carts: Our engineers created this specialized cart lift for a pharmaceutical client. In addition to its stainless steel construction, a special cold galvanized paint was also used for additional surface protection. This unit has a 2-foot travel height and a capacity rating of 2200 pounds; let us customize one for your clean room!
- Post-Production Handling: When processing and packaging are complete, food and pharma items can exit the clean room environment. Finished products are still subject to strict material handling guidelines as they’re prepared for the warehouse, order fulfillment, and shipping. In the case studies below, you’ll see more examples of how Autoquip lifts support the entire food and pharma production workflow.
- VRC Pallet Conveyor: If you’re currently using a hydraulic solution to transport heavy and oversized pallets, why not upgrade to our High-Speed VRC Pallet Conveyor Lift? Our client saw a 26% improvement in throughput speed in this case study. VRCs are known for their reliability and versatility, making them a perfect fit for food and pharmaceutical enterprises.
- 4 Post Mechanical Freight Lift: When a major beverage company lost its freight elevator, it turned to Autoquip for a solution. Without their elevator, production was at risk. Our engineers devised a 4 Post Mechanical Freight Lift with a 9000-pound capacity and travel height of 38 feet. Check out this case study to learn how the new lift allowed the business to keep “flowing” without interruption.
- Freight Lite: When your restaurant features 100 craft beers on tap, you have to have a convenient way to move kegs. In this case study, our Hydraulic Freight Lite gets the job done. Employees enjoy a streamlined workflow as kegs move from the ground to the upper level with the push of a button.
- 2 Post Mechanical Freight Lift: In this video, you’ll see the programmable high-cycle solution we designed to integrate into a major winery’s existing repetitive conveyor system. By using automated controls, heavy crates move rapidly to keep up with demand.
Helping You Reach the Next Level
Whether you need a VRC to manage mezzanine storage, lifts that handle products bound for your commercial freezer or oven, or a powered tilter designed for crating and loading supplies, we can customize these and dozens of other lifts to meet your food and pharma needs.
Autoquip is the lift industry leader, and there’s no shortage of creativity on our team. Let us put our 75 years of knowledge and excellence to work for your business. Contact us for a free quote today!