Bascule Bridges, more commonly known as drawbridges, are certainly not new, dating back in their original design to ancient times. They are designed to create safe passage for vehicles, cargo, and pedestrians when an open gap prevents access over land, a railway spur, water, or even from a dock-to-truck loading platform.
Autoquip offers a line of modern industrial Bascule Bridges that are hydraulically powered to temporarily allow various types of traffic to flow freely. Keep reading to find out more about these durable and versatile lifts.
- Single Leaf Bascule Bridge – If your warehouse or manufacturing facility has an alleyway or rail line, our Single Leaf Bascule Bridges can be used to span a gap to allow traffic (e.g., XUVs, forklifts, etc.) to travel across safely. With weight capacities up to 30,000 pounds and platform dimensions up to 120 inches wide and 264 inches long, these bridges can handle significant loads. They’re built with plenty of power; our largest standard model can be raised or lowered in just 90 seconds. And when the bridge is not needed, it can be raised to full vertical for safe storage.
- Double Leaf Bascule Bridge – Take the strength, convenience, and versatility of our Single Leaf Bascule Bridge and double it. Our Double Leaf model is comprised of two hydraulically operated platforms facing each other. Once in the lowered position, the combined span is twice as long as our Single Leaf model. These bridges are designed to handle heavy axle loads and are weight rated up to 30,000 pounds. A perfect solution for spans over water, the bridge can easily be raised to accommodate boat traffic. And you won’t have to wait long; the bridge can be raised and lowered in about two minutes!
- Mini Bascule Bridge – Imagine you’ve got a load of materials waiting for pickup. When the shipping truck arrives and backs up to the dock, there’s a two-foot height difference between the dock and the truck. Now what? Problem solved with an Autoquip Mini Bascule Bridge. These vertical dock levelers are installed outside the building and used to temporarily bridge the distance between a fixed dock height and the variable height of a truck. These steel-reinforced platform units can travel up to 90 inches and are available in various sizes and weight capacities from 2,000 to 8,000 pounds. They feature simple and durable wall-mounted controls for easy and safe operator access and a complete view of the lift while in motion.
Built For Safety & Reliability
Both of our Double and Single Leaf models also provide these essential safety-promoting features:
- Single-touch operator controls automatically activate and deactivate safety wings during the raising and lowering cycles.
- Steel-reinforced platforms maximize stability and minimize deck deflection
- Non-skid platform surfaces to reduce slipping and traction loss in wet conditions
- Hydraulic velocity fuses completely stop lifts in the unlikely event of uncontrolled descent due to hose rupture.
- Code compliance with industry standards
- Heavy duty and weatherproof remote power units are designed for easy inspection and maintenance
Autoquip Bascule Bridges Keep Things Moving!
We have been manufacturing Bascule Bridges for over 40 years, and we’re one of the few companies that still do. These versatile bridges are ideal for many unique applications and can be customized to your needs and specifications. Autoquip Bascule Bridges enable safe elevated transit and loading access to help you create a more efficient working environment.
Our design team is ready to start working on your bridge solution; contact us for a free quote today!