Beverly Hills Porsche wanted to add an automotive lift to their all-new showroom to transport vehicles to the building’s top-level showroom. They contacted our dealer American Customs Lifts for help in identifying a lifting solution to meet the following requirements:
- The lift needs to be a self-supporting structure.
- There is no available pit typical for mounting a 4-Post Car lift design.
- The lift cannot be attached or secured to the building due to code.
- Transport various size automobiles with varying capacity – up to 7,000 lbs.
- The lift needs to fit within a small foot-print located in the dealership’s parking lot.
- Keep within the building aesthetics.
Autoquip manufacturers several automotive lifts including a 4-Post and a scissor lift design, but those options would not meet all the demands required for this application. Therefore, our engineers begin working on a design solution that offered the flexibility to address the multiple requirements of the application. That solution was to integrate the design of a straddle freight lift (VRC) with a cantilever system – “straddle-lever” which supports the load guides of the carriage to transport the various capacities being lifted without overstressing the guides, or the platform. In addition, we custom-built a self-supporting brace with brackets for fastening the mast that allows the car lift to be self-supporting. The brace also allows the lift to be installed closer to the building keeping the entire structure within a small footprint.
AQ Project Ref. #123426
- Self-Supporting Structure.
- Includes automatic bridge for closing the gap from the lift platform to the buildings entry.
- The straddle-cantilever is less intrusive keeping to the building aesthetics.
- Designed to fit the allowable space reserved for the car lift installation.