The customer was looking at expanding their assembly operations and needed assistance with integrating a material handling lift system into their complex assembly stations. The customer’s specific application requirements included:
- Provide an easy transfer for rolling stringer carts onto the lift from the ground level.
- The platform size must hold the stringer cart plus provide useable space for workers to load and unload.
- Raise and align the stringer carts to the height of the fuselage sections in order to make it easier for the workers to assemble fuselage sections.
The Autoquip Solution
After working alongside the customer to determine the exact specifications of their integrated assembly system and application requirements, Autoquip’s experienced technical team determined that a Tork Scissor Lift would provide the best results due to its custom design flexibility. Our engineers took the standard design of a Tork Lift and amplified it by building a double long platform positioned with two single-leg sets in order to achieve the travel height requirements. The single leg set also allows for a low-lowered height positioning that will make loading the stringer carts onto the lift an easier and quicker task.
- Product Family: Tork Lift – Double Long
- Capacity: 4,000 LBS
- Platform dimensions: 63”Wx663”L
- Travel: 188”
- Lowered Height: 26 ¼”
The Solution Benefits
The customer has installed (2) double long Tork Lifts to integrate into their “right/left hand” fuselage assembly system. This will improve efficiencies and help the customer keep up with production demand.