Autoquip designed (2) work platforms scissors lifts – left & right with half-moon cut out for lining up to fairing on each side to improve the fabrication process.
Top producer of aircraft fairings required a more efficient technique for workers to reach the fairing body in their fabrication process. They had been using antiquated work platforms that did not provide the proper reach or safety precautions necessary for this type of application. In addition to improving the fabrication technique on the outside of the fairing, they also needed a better way for accessing the inner-body of the fairing.
Working with our dealer, Henry M Wood who brought us this project, we designed a complete lift system that would enable the customer to improve the safety and productivity of their application.
- (2) Work platforms scissors lifts – left & right with half-moon cut out for lining up to fairing on each side.
Extra Narrow Double Wide Scissor Lift 158”X93”
- 2,000 lb. capacity
- 60” travel
- 4-Way steel platform
- Transport base with tug
- Handrails with shelving on two sides
- Snap chain around half moon opening
- (1) Shuttle work platform scissors lift for positioning inside the fairing.
Series 35 48S40 with features to include:
- 1,000 lb. max lifting
- 48” travel
- 4-way steel platform
- Electric linear actuator for positioning the shuttle
- Handrails and gate; snap chain across one end of lift
AQ Project Ref.#9SPI-35803
The lift system will improve the worker’s ability to access the fairing and improve their safety during the application process.