Non-Intrusive Tilt Lift For Component Parts
Component part manufacturer installs a non-intrusive tilt lift for ergonomically sound solution.
A customer was challenged by their safety department to reduce employee exposure to lower back injury due to excessive bending and reaching associated with retrieving parts from a bin during component assembly. The equipment solution must address and solve the following work station challenges:
1. Must lower/collapse into the lowest profile possible; preferably under 8 inches total.
2. Tilting motion must not cause the platform and load to intrude into the operators work area. There is not enough room in this access/aisle space for the tilted bins.
3. Must be as cost-effective as possible.
Upon review of the customer’s application and performance requirements, the sales engineer at Autoquip recommended a lift and tilt combination from our line of “non-intrusive” or “retiring” tilters. The non-intrusive tilters have several unique performance and safety features making them a perfect equipment solution for this customer:
1. “Retiring” motion of both the scissor lift mechanism and tilting mechanism during raising of the load – keeping the limited access area used by the operator free of intrusion by the tilted load.
2. Captured rollers on both scissor and tilter mechanisms – to provide optimum load stability.
3. Simplicity of one operator control for both lifting and tilting.
4. Self-lubricated, high impact bearings at all pivot points – to provide high durability and low maintenance requirements.
The Tilt Lift also provided lifting and tilting in a total lowered height of only 6 inches – which is lower than most stand-alone industrial lifts or industrial tilters, much less a stacked height of one on top of the other. And finally, the Tilt Lift was available for 30-40% less cost than purchasing a stand-alone scissor lift and tilter and mounting one on top of the other.
Specifications for this Unique Tilt Lift Application:
Capacity: 2,000 lbs.
Vertical Travel: 2″
Degrees of Tilt: 45 degrees
Lowered Height: 6″
Autoquip and American Lifts’ unique non-intrusive Tilt Lift provided this customer with the most simple, cost-efficient, and space-efficient lifting and tilting work station positioner in the industry, improving employee ergonomics, safety, and efficiency.