Quad Lift Platform For Jet Engine Test Cell
One of the Largest, Jet Engine Test Cell Work Platform Lifts Autoquip Has Ever Designed.
A major airlines is expanding their engine maintenance, repair and overhaul business to a 100,000- operations center. The expansion will include space for all aspects of engine overhaul work including one of the largest new test cell facilities. The technicians will conduct highly technical, specialized work for full-thrust runs in test cells. As part of this expanded engine maintenance facility, the company contacted Autoquip to build a work platform to fit the requirements for their new test cell. The work platform will be used to lift testing equipment and tools, along with the technicians to the test cell height.
Autoquip engineers collaborated with the customer to design one of our largest work platform lifts in our portfolio. The Quad Platform Lift with (4) hydraulically-actuated pit mounted Tork 1 scissor lifts under platform with cable transducer (1) per leg set for providing travel feedback to the controller. Platform measures 324” wide and 504” long with a capacity of 6,000 lbs.
- Slipnot anti-skid deck surface.
- Photo Eye for Lift Interference direction.
- Light curtain for stopping platform if interference is detected.
- (1) sided accordion skirting.
- Full width stainless steel bi-swing gates on open end with status switches to detect when gates in closed position.
- Stainless steel handrails.
- Landing legs for supporting rollover when in lowered position.
- Galvanized floor grill grating with underneath drip pan for spilled fluids.
AQ Project Ref. #9SPI-31015 Quad
Autoquip has a long and accomplished history helping aerospace companies solve for their complex challenges. This experience allowed us to design and construct the Quad Work Platform lift that delivered results:
- Extreme durability
- Safety of workers
- Platform size meets requirements of test cell
- Accessibility around jet engine