Custom-made extra wide scissor lift designed to lower roof into sound booth pit at Millennium Park / Jay Pritzker Pavilion.
The Jay Pritzker Pavilion at Millennium Park in Chicago wanted to demo the existing sound booth and build a low profile booth. The project included adding a retracting roof and a scissor lift that would lower the roof into the pit during concerts.
Autoquip specially designed an extra-wide scissor lift to meet the specifications of the sound booth project:
- Platform measuring 244” W x 116” L
- Smooth steel platform surface with access cover
- Travel up limit switch set to 24” travel or raised height of 36”
- Hydraulic locking pins that automatically extend and retract as part of the lift’s up and down operation
- Audible signal with volume control & red flashing light
- 12,390 rated capacity
- Customer supplied rails for retractable roof
Autoquip provided the customer with a more cost effective solution for replacing their gas turbine engines rather than rebuilding the power generation stations and enclosures. Employing a scissor lift – lifting method will reduce time involved in the replacement effort, handle the large capacity, and provide more precision to the installation process.