Our customer was experiencing aging equipment that was becoming increasingly less viable to operate. They wanted to replace their old air cargo lifts with special rollers —ensuring newer, higher-quality equipment. Powered rollers assist the movement of fully loaded containers – custom controls needed to be upgraded to advanced technology as well.
The Autoquip Solution
Autoquip has extensive experience designing air cargo lifts, we leveraged this knowledge to engineer a solution that incorporates quality parts and the latest technologies. Our goal with this upgrade was to increase productivity, safety, and longevity.
Upgraded design features:
- Surface mounted platform
- Albion casters recessed below grated decking
- Manual / spring loaded pallet stops – Full width with foot activation from walk way / Larger foot brake that engages and disengages
- Full width powered rollers with powered lift and lower
- Platform includes bevel toe guards on each end
- Platform curbs include degreed taper for load positioning
- Added roller casters to eliminate damaging the boxes and the guide rail of the platform
- Removable walkway and side only handrail for one side with open ends
- Control Panel with VFD for controlling the powered rollers and a programmable relay to control the power unit.
- Handrail mounted controls up/down, forward/reverse with an E-Stop
- 8,000 lb. capacity with 48” travel
- Power Unit: REMOTE 5HP / 1.5HP
AQ Project Ref.#144526
The Solution Benefits
The upgraded air cargo lift is more reliable and has advanced capabilities for smooth cargo transfer and safe guarding workers.