Equipment upgrade ensures cargo transfer keeps pace with demand.
Our customer was experiencing aging equipment that was becoming increasingly less viable to operate. They wanted to replace their old air cargo lifts with special rollers —ensuring newer, higher-quality equipment. Powered rollers assist the movement of fully loaded containers – custom controls needed to be upgraded to advanced technology as well.
Autoquip has extensive experience designing air cargo lifts, we leveraged this knowledge to engineer a solution that incorporates quality parts and the latest technologies. Our goal with this upgrade was to increase productivity, safety, and longevity.
Upgraded design features:
- Surface mounted platform
- Albion casters recessed below grated decking
- Manual / spring loaded pallet stops – Full width with foot activation from walk way / Larger foot brake that engages and disengages
- Full width powered rollers with powered lift and lower
- Platform includes bevel toe guards on each end
- Platform curbs include degreed taper for load positioning
- Added roller casters to eliminate damaging the boxes and the guide rail of the platform
- Removable walkway and side only handrail for one side with open ends
- Control Panel with VFD for controlling the powered rollers and a programmable relay to control the power unit.
- Handrail mounted controls up/down, forward/reverse with an E-Stop
- 8,000 lb. capacity with 48” travel
- Power Unit: REMOTE 5HP / 1.5HP
AQ Project Ref.#144526
The upgraded air cargo lift is more reliable and has advanced capabilities for smooth cargo transfer and safe guarding workers.